Chief Executive Officer: Julian Bruce, an international insurance specialist and son of the BCF Founder
Clinical Director: Dr Michael JG Thomas, Colonel (Retd), MA, MB, BChir, FRCP Edin, LMSSA, DTM&H, retired Director of the Army Blood Transfusion Service
Deputy Clinical Director: Dr Thomas Latham, BSc, MBChB, MRCP, FRCPath, PhD, Consultant Haematologist, NHS Blood and Transplant
Quality Assurance Manager: Major André J. Baronne, FIBMS, retired Q.A. Manager of the Army Blood Transfusion Service
Company Secretary: Michael F. Gunton FCA, an international Financial Advisor
Dr Lucy Lord, MB, BChir, MRCOG, FHKAM, Senior Partner, Central Health Medical Practice, Hong Kong
- Dr Jane Barratt, MB, BS, AKC, FFPM, LLM, a medical and legal specialist, providing advice to the pharmaceutical industry
- Dr Richard Dawood BSc, MB, BS, MD, DTM&H, FRCR, DRCOG, FFTM, RCPS (Glasgow), CTH, CTropMed, Director, The Fleet Street Travel Clinic
- Dr Christopher Lee OStJ, AE, MD, MFFP, MFOM, retired FCO Medical Advisor
- Dr Michael J.G. Thomas, Colonel (Retd), MA, MB, BChir, FRCP Edin, LMSSA, DTM&H, retired Director of the Army Blood Transfusion Service
- Michael G. Bruce, BCF Founder and Chairman and retired Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine.
BCF Advisory Council
- Dr Olatokunbo Awolowo-Dosunmu, MB, ChB, MSc, DIH, retired NHS Consultant and Director of the Dideolu Hospital, Ikenne, Ogun State, Nigeria.
- Dr Jean Harrison, BA, B.M.BCh, MA, D.Obst.RCOG, MRCP(UK), FRCP, MRCPath (Haematology), FRC.Path, retired blood transfusion Consultant with the NHSBT
- Dr Cyril Nemeth MBE, JP, MA, MRCGP, MRCS, LRCP, a practicing GP and retired Lord Mayor of Westminster
- Dr Jane Zuckerman, MB, BS, MD, CBiol MIBiol, MFPM(RCP) Director, WHO Collaborating Centre for Travel Medicine & Vaccines
BCF External Audit Panel
- Dr Jean Harrison, BA, B.M.BCh, MA, D.Obst.RCOG, MRCP(UK), FRCP, MRCPath (Haematology), FRC.Path, a retired blood transfusion Consultant with the NHSBT
- Ms Fidelma Murphy, BSc, MA, RGN, Head of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance, NHS Blood and Transplant
- Dr Jonathan Ross,BSc, MBBS, FRCS, MFOM, retired Chief Medical Advisor to BG
- Dr Jane Zuckerman, MB, BS, MD, CBiol MIBiol, MFPM(RCP) Director, WHO Collaborating Centre for Travel Medicine & Vaccines.
BCF Sources of Blood
The Foundation draws its blood from the following national blood services:
France: Agence Française du Sang
Holland: Sanquin Blood Bank
Switzerland: Blood Transfusion Service SRC
United States: OneBlood Inc.
United Kingdom: NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT)
The Foundation is also supported by the Hong Kong Red Cross Blood Transfusion Service. Rabies Treatment Due to the difficulty of obtaining supplies in an emergency, the Foundation holds its own stock of Human Rabies Immunoglobulin (HRIg) with rabies vaccine in London, for immediate delivery to the patient.