Chief Executive Officer: Julian Bruce, an international insurance specialist
Clinical Director: Dr Michael JG Thomas, Colonel (Retd), MA, MB, BChir, FRCP Edin, LMSSA, DTM&H, Consultant in Transfusion Medicine
Deputy Clinical Director: Dr Thomas Latham, BSc, MBChB, MRCP, FRCPath, PhD, Consultant Haematologist, NHS Blood and Transplant
Company Secretary: Michael F Gunton FCA, an international Financial Advisor
Dr Lucy Lord, MB, BChir, MRCOG, FHKAM, Senior Partner, Central Health Medical Practice, Hong Kong
Michael R Rogers OBE FCII, FCIS, Barrister-at-Law
- Dr Jane Barrett, MB, BS, AKC, LLM, a medical and legal specialist, providing advice to the pharmaceutical industry
- Dr Richard Dawood BSc, MB, BS, MD, DTM&H, FRCR, DRCOG, FFTM, RCPS (Glasgow), CTH, CTropMed, Director, The Fleet Street Travel Clinic
- Dr Christopher Lee OStJ, AE, MD, MFFP, MFOM, retired FCO Medical Advisor
- Michael G Bruce, BCF Founder and Chairman Emeritus. Retired Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Bryan Pearson, Africa-centric journalist with specialist interests in health, education and agriculture
- Julian Bruce, Chairman and International Insurance Specialist
BCF Advisory Council
- Dr Olatokunbo Awolowo-Dosunmu, MB, ChB, MSc, DIH, retired NHS Consultant and Director of the Dideolu Hospital, Ikenne, Ogun State, Nigeria.
- Dr Jane Zuckerman, MB, BS, MD, CBiol MlBiol, MFPM(RCP) Director, WHO Collaborating Centre for Travel Medicine & Vaccines.
BCF External Audit Panel
- Dr Jean Harrison, BA, BMBCh, MA, DObstRCOG, MRCP(UK), FRCP, MRCPath (Haematology), FRCPath, a retired blood transfusion Consultant with the NHSBT.
- His Honour Peter Latham, Retired Circuit Judge and Barrister specialising in Medico-legal problems.
- Dr Jonathan Ross, BSc, MBBS, FRCS, MFOM, retired Chief Medical Advisor to BG.
- Dr Oladapo Odumeru MBE BSc (Hons) PhD MCQI CQP. Regional Quality Assurance Manager, NHSBT
- Dr Mary Warrell MB.BS, FRCP, FRCPath. Honorary member of Oxford Vaccine Group
BCF Sources of Blood
The Foundation draws its blood from the following national blood services:
Switzerland: Blood Transfusion Service SRC
United States: OneBlood Inc.
United Kingdom: NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT)
The Foundation is also supported by the Hong Kong Red Cross Blood Transfusion Service. For rabies treatment, due to the difficulty of obtaining supplies in an emergency, the Foundation holds its own stock of Human Rabies Immunoglobulin with rabies vaccine in London, for immediate despatch to the patient.